The hero in my current work-in-progress has money problems, and his marriage is suffering because he is working such long hours.
Sometimes it’s difficult to make a dollar stretch to cover necessities, let alone having enough to spare for romance. But that doesn’t mean romance needs to take a back seat. Here are some ideas to keep the romance alive that won’t hurt the budget.
Inexpensive Ideas to Keep the Romance Alive
1. Write a love letter to your sweetie.
2. Make a special romance pack. You could include a special music playlist, a candle, bubble bath or scented lotion, massage oil.
3. Turn on some romantic music and slow dance together.
4. Take a picnic to the park and play on the swings.
5. Watch the sunrise or sunset.
6. Swap babysitting services with a family member or friend. Make a nice dinner at home, watch a movie and enjoy the togetherness without the kids. Christen every room in the house…if you catch my drift.
7. Read a sexy romance together
8. Make an at-home dinner special with candles. Add soft, romantic music.
9. Go for a walk in the countryside.
10. Sit outside on a nice evening and star-gaze.
11. Surprise your partner with a lunch date during the working week.
12. Kiss before you part for the day—a proper kiss that will make the pulse-rate pound!
Do you have any other suggestions for my poor cash-strapped hero?