Welcome to the small country town of Middlemarch, NZ. I’ve brought a friend with me today—Emily Scarlet.
Excuse me, Shelley. It’s Emily Mitchell now.
Right! Sorry about that. I thought I’d start from the beginning. Why don’t you tell everyone how you first decided to visit Middlemarch?
Sure. It was an emotional time in my life. My first husband changed after our marriage. I was happy playing wife and homemaker, cooking for him and making sure everything was just so while he concentrated on his career. What I didn’t know was that Michael was having an affair with his secretary. I didn’t have a clue. The first I knew was at breakfast when he told me I was boring and he was leaving me for Tessa. Then, a few hours later, the police were at the door telling me Michael was dead. A car accident.
For six months I brooded and one day I decided, enough. The cheating louse wasn’t worth it. I went shopping, changed my hair and swapped my glasses for contacts. A poster for the Middlemarch Singles dance caught my eye and I decided it was fate. The perfect place to find a man to keep for one night of naughtiness. My girlfriend Maggie, who was also my sister-in-law, just about had a cow when I told her what I was going to do. She insisted on going with me and kept telling me I needed medication. She was wrong. It was the best decision ever!
Emily, I know the special man you met that night swept you off your feet, and you ended up marrying him.Tell me about Middlemarch. I know it’s a small country town. Don’t you miss the city?
I adore Middlemarch. It’s home, you know. Why don’t I give you a list of the reasons I love living in Middlemarch? Besides, the next Middlemarch Singles Ball is soon. The ladies reading this might like to attend. http://www.middlemarch.co.nz/events/singles-ball.html
Thanks, Emily! That would be great.
Emily Mitchell’s Top Reasons to Visit Middlemarch, New Zealand
1. The ratio of men to women. There are eligible bachelors in every direction you look. That’s the reason the ball started—to bring more women into the area.
2. A large majority of the men have special abilities. *glances over shoulder* Sorry, I can’t tell you exactly what they are but if you spend any length of time with one man and love is in the air, he’ll let you in on the secret.
3. There’s a real sense of family and community. The Mitchells are a big family, but all their friends are like an extended family. Trouble brings them circling the wagons, I can tell you!
4. The scenery is gorgeous in all seasons and the air is crisp and clean.
5. The town is safe, a good place for kids. *pauses* We’ve had a couple of problems…no, Middlemarch is usually a safe place.
6. The city isn’t that far away. We can drive there in an hour if the need for a fancy dinner or a bit of culture strikes.
7. The Middlemarch Rail Trail and the Taieri Gorge Train bring lots of tourists. They’re both fun activities even for the locals.
8. The local café, Storm in a Teacup, makes brilliant coffee. The meals are excellent too. Of course I am biased since I own the place. (I think Shelley has attached a photo of the real Middlemarch café that inspired her to write Storm in a Teacup for me)
9. The local pub is a bit rough and rustic, but they serve a good beer. Excellent on a hot summer’s day like today.
10. It’s where my husband Saber was born, and he’s a man in a million.
What is one thing you think you’d like about living in a small country town like Middlemarch?
One perfect night of passion…
Emily Scarlet’s husband left her for his secretary and died in a car accident—all on the same day. Now, six months later, Emily has emerged from her chrysalis of painful memories. And to prove she has what it takes to attract a man, she’s determined to experience one perfect night of passion.
Feline shapeshifter, Saber Mitchell has a problem with his four boisterous younger brothers. They’re out of control. It’s too late for him, but he hopes to get his brothers mated and settled, and the ball is the place to introduce them to marriageable women.
Unbridled sex is the last thing he plans on, but one glimpse of Emily Scarlet changes his mind. Sex with her is a necessity. They dance. They make love.
One thing is clear—a single night isn’t enough. Saber must have her for his mate, but Emily isn’t so easy to convince…or trust.
My Scarlet Woman is on sale for 99c at all retailers for this week only.