We recently spent the weekend in Sydney. It’s a fun place to visit with lots to do. Here are thirteen suggestions of places to see while visiting Sydney.
1. The Sydney Opera House – do a tour or go and see a show.
2. The Sydney Harbor bridge – walk over it, climb on top of it or climb the pylons for an excellent view.
3. Catch the ferry over to Manly and Manly beach.
4. Catch the ferry to the zoo. The giraffes have the best view in town!
5. Visit Bondi Beach – world renowned surf beach.
6. Go to Darling Harbor, have a meal at one of the many restaurants and people watch.
7. Take a walk in the Royal Botanic Gardens, 30 hectares of peaceful gardens and areas to walk.
8. Visit the Rocks area with its convict history.
9. Walk around the harbor promenade. People watch, stop to listen to the Aboriginal music and stop and have a coffee or a drink.
10. Catch a ferry up the Parramatta River to historical Parramatta.
11. Visit Cockatoo Island, the largest island in the harbor. It was an Aboriginal fishing spot and later a prison to house convicts from Norfolk Island.
12. Visit Luna Park, a 1930s amusement park.
13. Hit the museums and art galleries and learn about the First Fleet, the sea history and the Aboriginal art.
Which place would you like to visit first?