This year I’ve done several contests and offered review copies to readers. I’ve been surprised by the number of people who don’t know how to side load a file to their Kindle.
So, if you win an e-book in a contest, follow these instructions in order to start reading.
Side Load a File to Kindle
To Find Your Kindle email address
- Go to Amazon and log into your Kindle account
- Click on the Digital content link
- Click on Manage Content and Devices
- Click on the settings tab, on the far right of the page
- Scroll down the page quite a way until you see Send-to-Kindle E-Mail Settings
- You’ll see your Kindle email address.
To Send the E-book to Your Kindle
- Save a copy of your e-book to your hard drive
- Email a copy of this e-book to the Kindle email address – the one you found above
- The e-book should appear on your Kindle. This may no occur instantly, not in the same way when you One-Click on Amazon. Give it a few minutes.
If This Doesn’t Work
- Check that the email address you’re using is an approved email address.
- To check this scroll a bit farther down from where you found your Kindle email address and you’ll see “Approved Personal Document E-mail List.”
- If your email isn’t one of the approved addresses click on the link to approve it and repeat the process above to send your e-book to your kindle.
In no time at all, you’ll be reading the newest addition to your e-book library.