Many of our discussions this week have centered around allergies since our poor puppy has been very miserable with a mystery allergy.
I thought allergies would make a good topic for my TT this week.
Thirteen Strange Allergies
1. Money allergy – some people are allergic to the nickel in coins.
2. Vibration allergy – in some people the body mistakes the vibrations as an attack and the immune system responds with skin irritation, welts and rashes.
3. Mobile phones – can either be due to the nickel content or the low levels of radiation and microwaves.
4. Deodorant – sensitivity to the perfumes or other ingredients.
5. Water – experts believe those who are allergic, react to the additives in the water.
6. Shoes – some people react to the glue or resins or cement used to manufacture the shoes.
7. Underwear – some people are allergic to the fabric or elastic.
8. Kissing – kisses are okay, but if the person you are kissing has consumed something you’re allergic to there might be problems. A young Canadian girl died after kissing her boyfriend. The boyfriend had eaten a peanut butter sandwich for lunch.
9. Sex – severe reaction to male ejaculate is possible in some cases.
10. Hormones – estrogen and progesterone can cause allergic reactions in some women. The immune system mistakes these hormones as bad and attacks as a result.
11. Heat – some people break out in welts and swelling after taking a shower or becoming too hot with excess clothes.
12. Cold – severe cold can cause itching and welts. Sufferers need to keep warm.
13. Computers – some people are sensitive to electromagnetic sources while others react to emissions from plastic casings.
I’m very lucky. I don’t seem to have any allergies apart from getting a slight runny nose when I go outside. It seems to invite every bug in the vicinity to fly into my mouth, but I can deal with that
Do you suffer from any allergies?
Source: Online Nurse Practitioner Schools.com