Sky Tower is an Auckland icon, and the tower can be seen from all over the city. Here are a few facts:
1. The tower is a telecommunications and observation tower.
2. At 1076 feet (328 meters) it’s the tallest free-standing building in the Southern Hemisphere.
3. There are two restaurants and a cafe at the top. One of the restaurants is revolving. There are observation decks, and you can also bungee jump off if you want to get down quickly.
4. It took two years and nine months to build the tower.
5. The tower is built of 15,000 cubic meters of special high performance concrete, 2000 tonnes of reinforcing steel and 600 tonnes of structural steel.
6. The foundations go down more than 15 meters and are specially designed in order to spread the force load.
7. If the day is clear you can see the view for around 51 miles (82 kilometers)
Do you like to visit the high spots in order to get a good view? Do you have a good head for heights?
(Sources: Wikipedia and Sky Tower website)