After thinking about self-publishing and watching from the side line for quite a while, I’ve finally dipped my toes into the waters and published my first book. There is oodles of information on the web about self-publishing. Here are a few tips, if you’re a beginner like me.
1. Join the Indie Romance Ink group. This yahoo group is specifically for romance writers, and the members share freely about their experiences in self-publishing and offer advice as necessary. If you’re not a romance writer try the Indie Authors Forum.
2. Author Maria Zannini has written a useful book about self-publishing and promotion called Self-Publisher’s Punch List. Contact her directly to grab your free copy.
3. Save yourself headaches down the road and think about formatting before you start writing. Download a free copy of Smashwords Style guide and Building Your Book For Kindle to help you get things right from the start.
4. Google is your friend. As I mentioned, there is a wealth of information online, written by those who have blazed the self-publishing trails. Ranging from You tube videos to blog posts, if you do a search, you’ll probably find what you’re looking for.
5. If you’re on a budget, check out some of the pre-made covers available for sale. If you’re lucky you’ll find a perfect cover to suit your needs. There are some very talented artists out there.
Do you have any tips for beginners? And a question from me – for those of you who do your own formatting, which software do you use to make your PDF and Mobi formats?
Zoe Underwood is one sexy disruption.
From the moment her father married Matt’s mother, Zoe has tempted Matt Cantrell with her seductive curves and driven him crazy with her flirting and provocative manner. The thing is they have no future because Zoe is his stepsister. Determined to dodge trouble, Matt leaves Auckland to live and work in the Gold Coast of Australia. A sea between them should do the trick and let him move forward without the “Zoe” distraction in his life.
Matt Cantrell is one stubborn dude.
No one presses Zoe’s buttons like the tall, dark and gorgeous Matt. In fact, every other man pales in comparison. One last play. Zoe decides to invade Matt’s territory and make her move before another clever woman snaps him up. She’ll bust through emotional walls and push boundaries. By the time she’s finished, Matt won’t know what hit him. Yes. Good or bad, she’ll stir things up and take a chance on love.