January 9th, 2013
CAPA Award Nominations for two of my Books!

During my holidays I was thrilled to learn two of my books have received nominations for The Romance Studio’s 2012 CAPA awards. Lone Wolf is nominated in the Psyche Award category and Christmas is Coming has received a nomination in the Ari (Cover Art Award). The winners are due for announcement on 14 February 2013.

It’s summer in New Zealand at present and today we’re sweltering in heat. Yesterday it was so windy we almost blew away, which is not so good for the vegetable garden. Mr. Munro didn’t plant as much in the garden this year since we knew we’d be away for Christmas, and we’re off again in six weeks.

The cherry tomatoes and strawberries started to ripen before Christmas and we were able to eat a few before we left on holiday. The carrots and radishes have grown to giant size and are no longer edible. Our salad leaves are finished too. At present we have cauliflowers, we’re eagerly awaiting our larger tomato varieties (they don’t seem to have ripened early this year since there was a lot of rain while we were away) and the herbs (parsley, sage, mint etc) are flourishing.

We ate some of our new potatoes—Jersey Bennes—for dinner the other night. Boiled until tender and served with chopped garlic and melted butter, they were delicious. Guess what’s on the menu tonight?

The passionfruit vine is covered with fruit, and I’m hoping they ripen while we’re at home. I find I don’t like to share this particular crop! Winking smile

This year I’ve started running again, trying something different as part of my exercise program. I used to do a lot of running in my younger days (Ahem!). I’m pretty determined and have some excellent shoes, so I have no excuse to give up. Would anyone like to take bets on how long my running will last?

10 comments to “CAPA Award Nominations for two of my Books!”

1. Jennifer Shirk
    January 9th, 2013 at 5:33 am · Link

CONGRATS!!!

I’ve taken up running again too. Have you read “Born To Run”? Because of this book I don’t worry about my running shoe as much anymore.

January 9th, 2013 at 12:21 pm · Link

Thanks :)
      No, I haven’t read this one. I’ll search it out. Thanks for the rec.

January 9th, 2013 at 5:50 am · Link

Holy cow! Congrats! Crossing my fingers for you.

You make me envious for summer. :) The only thing I have left in my larder are a few red potatoes. But spring is right around the corner for me. I’m starting seeds right now.

January 9th, 2013 at 12:22 pm · Link

Ah, but planning the garden and sorting out what seeds you want is a fun part. I look forward to your report on your garden.

Thanks for the congrats.

3. Gerri Bowen
    January 9th, 2013 at 10:15 am · Link

Congratulations, Shelley!

I love new potatoes!

January 9th, 2013 at 12:24 pm · Link

Thanks, Gerri. I do too. You don’t even have to dress them up with too much fancy stuff. A little butter and some garlic or chopped parsley and you’re set.

January 9th, 2013 at 11:30 am · Link

Congrats!

It’s hot where you are and cold here. At least I don’t get snow here. My brother does the gardening at his place, there’s just no room here outside in the apartment complex I live at and I am not known for growing much anyway. lol

Last year he brought me lemons, grapefruit and Kumquats. I loved it.

January 9th, 2013 at 12:26 pm · Link

Thanks, Mary. Having someone do the gardening works for me :)
      On the subject of lemons – I’d be lost without our lemon tree. We use lemon juice and the rind in almost everything.

January 9th, 2013 at 8:12 pm · Link

Three cheers for your CAPA nominations. Crossing toes for luck as I need my fingers to type lol!

Lots going on with the veggies and fruits. Do enjoy the fruit of your labors.

January 11th, 2013 at 10:40 pm · Link

I seemed to have missed this post in my catch-up the other day. Congrats on your nominations!