Today is National Cookie day—the perfect time to celebrate all things cookie and sprinkle in a little Christmas. Author Jessa Slade has organized a Cookie blog hop, and I’m taking part.
My favorite biscuit (since I’m in New Zealand and that’s what we call them) is shortbread. Christmas just isn’t Christmas without a piece of shortbread, but since I’ve posted a shortbread recipe before I thought I’d try out a new biscuit recipe.
So, without further ado, I give you – Midnight biscuits
125 grams soft butter (4 oz/half cup)
175 grams sugar (6 oz)
1/2 vanilla extract
125 grams flour (4 oz)
35 grams cocoa (1 oz)
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1. Beat the butter and sugar until fluffy.
2. Add the egg and vanilla and mix.
3. Sift the flour, cocoa and baking soda and mix into the butter/egg mixture.
4. Roll into teaspoon size balls (mixture will be quite soft. Using damp hands will help)
5. Place balls on baking tray. Don’t crowd.
6. Bake in a pre-heated oven 180C/350F for around 10 – 12 minutes.
7. Cool on tray for five minutes then transfer to a cooling rack.
1. My biscuits took 9 minutes to cook since I used fan-bake.
2. I think I’ll add a few dried cranberries or chocolate chips next time.
3. Great served with a glass of milk since they’re so chocolatety
4. Makes around 20 biscuits
This recipe comes from Baking Makes Things Better
Other biscuit recipes to check out on my blog
And introducing a Christmas read ~ Christmas is Coming
Christmas is coming. Give your lover the gift of pleasure…
Gaby Montgomery works for Fancy Free as a condom designer. Recently she’s been designing sex toys and testing her inventions with fellow designer Marc, but they’ve parted ways. The timing couldn’t be worse because she’s stuck without a willing test subject for her sexy products.
Gaby’s roommates Liam Richardson and Fletch Darcy both want a serious relationship with Gaby, and now that she’s free, it’s time to make a move. But how do they decide which one will date Gaby? Fletch finally suggests they share her. Liam is skeptical but agrees the scheme might work, which allows Fletch to move on to step two of his romance plan. Fletch doesn’t just want Gaby, he wants Liam as well.
The loving is hot, their days full of fun product testing, exquisite pleasure and laughter. Everything is perfect until the outside world intrudes, putting their budding relationship under stress. This time their love and friendship might not stand the pressure.
Publisher’s Note: Want to have more fun with the characters in this book, including finding out more about those spaceship sightings, then pick up Fancy Free along with the books in the Talking Dog series. They’re an out-of-this world experience.
Follow the hop to collect new recipes and add books to your holiday to-read list: