September 14th, 2012
Haunted Houses with Sky Purington

The Georgian Embrace

I’m thrilled to welcome Sky Purington back to my blog. Today she’s focusing on The Georgian Embrace, the second book in her Calum’s Curse series and there’s more talk of ghosts. Welcome, Sky!

Thanks for having me over again, Shelley! I really enjoyed joining your Thursday 13 a few weeks ago.

Along my Bewitching Book Tour I’ve been sharing the inspiration behind my Calum’s Curse Trilogy. What would inspire me to write about three haunted houses? None other than my very own haunted Victorian. Built in 1901 by my husband’s great-grandfather, this house has always reported a great deal of paranormal activity. So at random blogs along my tour I’ve been sharing many of my experiences.

Ready to hear some more?

This time I’ll share a few recent events that took place over the summer. The first was witnessed by both my husband (a skeptic) and I. Unlike most of the strange occurrences, this happened in the early afternoon versus at night.

We were home alone and had just come in from the pool when I noticed that the washing machine lid was up. I know what you’re thinking. Perhaps I’d forgotten and left it up. Absolutely not. Know why? The washer was half full of water. The only way that can happen is if the lid is put down to begin with. I went out to the pool after my husband so I know he didn’t do it.

Then things got a little odder. Within two minutes of finding the lid up we started to head upstairs but stopped short when we smelled something amazing. That’s not so strange, right? Yet it was because it remained in one spot and was pretty strong. The area it filled was quite literally the size of a human. About eight seconds later it totally vanished. The interesting thing? It smelled like men’s cologne to me (spicy and masculine) and women’s perfume to my husband (flowery and feminine). And scratch the possible ‘debunk.’ Both our laundry detergent and fabric softener is scentless. Besides, the dryer hadn’t been turned on yet!

A few nights later I had my own experience as I often do at night on the third floor in my office. At another blog along my tour I chatted about the fairly consistent disembodied footsteps that sound at some point typically between 10 and 11 PM. (Yes, I’m a night owl.) Well, for the first time this particular evening the footsteps were far more intense. In fact, it sounded exactly like my husband (6’3, 195 lb’s) was running up the stairs! Alarmed, I raced to the door of my office only to find nobody there. Naturally, when I went downstairs to check on everyone, my husband and son were sound asleep. Wish I’d had my EVP (Electro Voice Phenomena) recorder out for that one!

Have you experienced any paranormal activity in your home? If so, please share. I love a good ghost story. *grins*

I hope you enjoyed hearing a few of my own true ghost stories. Be sure to join me on the rest of my Bewitching Book Tour to hear more!

Best,

Sky

CONTEST: Answer Sky’s question above or ask her a question and go into a draw to win an e-copy of The Georgian Embrace by Sky Purington. Winner drawn on Monday afternoon US time.

The Georgian EmbraceThe Georgian Embrace

Calum’s Curse: Acerbus Lycan

Book Two

Sky Purington

Genre: Paranormal Romance

ASIN: B007FFUJR2

Number of pages: 234

Word Count: 77 K

Amazon Barnes & Noble

Book Description:

Is it true love… or is the allure just another dimension of the Georgian’s embrace?

A man with a mission…

Paranormal investigator, Devin O’Rourke, is drawn to Isabel the moment he sees her ghostly image in a picture. While searching for proof of her existence, Devin finds himself in another time, danger lurking around every corner.

A woman in need of saving…

Eighteenth century, Isabel Savol, is on the run. With help from a friend, good fortune finds her sheltered and managing the construction of a house. When a handsome Irishman appears on her Georgian’s worksite one day, everything she thought she understood about reality vanishes.

Untapped desire ignites between Devin and Isabel as they struggle to stay one step ahead of the time-warping house caught in Calum’s Curse and the werewolf determined to finish the legacy it began.

Sky Purington

Author Bio:

Best-selling author, Sky Purington lives in southern New Hampshire with her son and husband. The written word has been her obsession from the very beginning. Purington writes time-travel paranormal/fantasy romance heavily influenced by history.

From Irish Druids to Scottish Highlanders many of her novels possess strong Celtic elements. More recently, her vampire stories take the reader to medieval England and ancient Italy.

Enjoy strictly paranormal romance? Sky’s latest novels follow three haunted houses in New England and the sexy ghost hunters determined to make sense of them. Make no mistake, in each and every tale told you’ll travel back to another time and revisit the romanticism history holds at its heart.

Sky loves to hear from readers and can be contacted at Sky@SkyPurington.com Interested in keeping up with Sky’s latest news and releases? Visit Sky’s Website, www.skypurington.com to download her FREE App on iTunes and Android.

Website: www.skypurington.com

A Writer’s Mind Blog: www.skypuringtonwrites.blogspot.com

Sky’s Paranormal Blog: http://paranormalromancedeepdarkanddelicious.blogspot.com

Twitter: www.twitter.com/skypurington

Facebook: www.facebook.com/skypurington

Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/1228627.Sky_Purington

23 comments to “Haunted Houses with Sky Purington”

1. Ciara Knight
    September 14th, 2012 at 7:19 am · Link

I love a good paranormal/haunted house story. :)

• Sky Purington
      September 14th, 2012 at 8:15 am · Link

Thanks for stopping by, Ciara! I’m with you. Give me a good haunted house story any day of the week. :-)

2. Sky Purington
    September 14th, 2012 at 8:16 am · Link

Shelley, thanks again for the feature!

3. Tara West
    September 14th, 2012 at 8:29 am · Link

Oh, Sky, I’ve had all kinds of ghostie experiences. They began when I was seven and the neighbor kid who’d died visited my home. They just got weirder from there. I love to incorporate these experiences in my books as well.

• Sky Purington
      September 14th, 2012 at 10:35 am · Link

Wow, Tara! Did you actually see the boy’s apparition? And very cool that you incorporate your experiences in your writing. I’m adding your work to my TBR list! :-)

4. Alisha Paige
    September 14th, 2012 at 8:33 am · Link

Creepy, Sky! Our house is haunted too by a man who used to live here. He is a friendly spirit who likes to slam the shed door in the backyard if my husband smokes in there..yikes! I have seen him once and seen him materialize into brown smoke. Weird, I wasn’t scared..just fascinated. I highly recommend this book to readers! Very creepy and very hot!

• Sky Purington
      September 14th, 2012 at 10:39 am · Link

Alisha, thanks for stopping by sweetie! I remember you mentioning your ghost but I didn’t know that you actually saw him. I want to hear all about it! What did he look like?

September 14th, 2012 at 10:02 am · Link

Your paranormal experiences are just amazing. You’re better than me. I’m not so sure I could remain under the same roof with extra, unseen, roomies :-)

• Sky Purington
      September 14th, 2012 at 10:41 am · Link

Awe, thanks Angela! I’m not always so brave. I’ve been known to screech, jump, etc. LOL. Then I’ve got to roll my eyes at myself. Still. Creepy is creepy. ;-)

September 14th, 2012 at 11:20 am · Link

I’ve seen ghosts all my life. My earliest recollection was when I was three. I kept pointing at a ceiling light in the kitchen and telling my mother there were people climbing a hill to the top. My mother never saw them but it spooked her that I was so sure.

None of the apparitions paid attention to me except for a very old American Indian. He turned and looked straight at me before he too finished climbing and disappeared.

To this day I still remember his face.

• Sky Purington
      September 15th, 2012 at 12:35 pm · Link

That’s incredible, Maria! It sounds as if you’re a ‘sensitive’ (someone more in tune with the spirit world), medium is another possibility. This often runs in families. Thanks so much for sharing! :-)

7. KatieO
    September 14th, 2012 at 11:57 am · Link

Hi, Sky! Your new book sounds great – you know I love a good ghost story!

I haven’t seen the ghost who used to live here with us in quite some time – although the kids still insist that he’s down in the basement with them sometimes when they’re down there playing XBox…

• Sky Purington
      September 15th, 2012 at 12:38 pm · Link

Awesome that you could make it, Katie! I knew this would be right up your alley. So it sounds like your ghost is a gamer *grins*. But it’s so cool that everyone remains comfortable with the idea that it’s still around. It’s always sounded like you’ve got a friendly ghost.

September 14th, 2012 at 1:10 pm · Link

I love paranormal so you already got my attention..

• Sky Purington
      September 15th, 2012 at 12:39 pm · Link

Thanks for swinging in, Savannah! Gotta love those paranormals! :-)

9. Shelley Munro
    September 14th, 2012 at 5:48 pm · Link

Our home is fairly new and the ghost is have yet to move into it. Frankly, I can do without nocturnal visitors :)

September 14th, 2012 at 6:15 pm · Link

Hi Sky,
    I’m sure I wouldn’t be able to sleep at night after those occurences. :)

• Sky Purington
      September 15th, 2012 at 12:42 pm · Link

Honestly Brinda, I did have a few sleepless nights when I first moved in! I guess I just got used to it after a while. Then again, I’ve never had bad experiences. *knocks on wood* :-)

11. Sandra Cox
    September 14th, 2012 at 7:08 pm · Link

That’s fascinating. No ‘human’ spirits where I live but where I work is known for ghosts. It dates back to the civil war era.

• Sky Purington
      September 15th, 2012 at 12:47 pm · Link

Oooooh, gotta love haunted workplaces, Sandra! I remember one place I worked years ago was a building that had been around a few hundred years. Apparently long, long ago it’d been a brothel upstairs. According to many employees they’d ‘seen’ a woman up there who would vanish.

12. Shelley Munro
    September 18th, 2012 at 1:25 am · Link

WINNER ANNOUNCEMENT!

Congratulations to Ciara Knight who is the winner of a download of Sky’s book.