This week it’s our thirtieth wedding anniversary. It’s hard to believe thirty years have passed since we said, “I do.” My hubby is amazing and very supportive. I’m lucky.
Here are a few things I’ve learned over the years:
1. No one knows how to wind up a person like a spouse.
2. Common interests are good, but a couple of separate interests help keep things interesting.
3. Communication is key. No one is a mind reader.
4. Laughter makes everything better.
5. Never go to sleep on an argument.
6. As the years pass it’s not unusual to start finishing each other’s thoughts or say or think something right before your spouse is about to think/say it.
7. It’s not unknown for me to dress and find hubby and I have picked the same colors or similiar styles.
8. There’s nothing nicer than receiving a phone call from hubby in the middle of the day for no reason at all, other than to tell me he loves me.
9. A husband who likes cooking and doesn’t mind helping out with housework is worth gold.
Have you any pearls of wisdom when it comes to marriage?