I have a special guest today – New York Times and USA Today bestselling writer Catherine Bybee. Catherine is celebrating her new release Married by Monday, book two in her Weekday Bride series, and I’m thrilled to have her here to visit. Over to Catherine and her wedding advice…
13 Wedding Do’s and Don’ts
1. If money is tight, invite only people you plan on being friends with on your 10th wedding anniversary.
2. Don’t get married at a county office with bullet proof glass separating you from the person signing the paper.
3. Have who you want standing up with you…not who your family ‘thinks’ are the right people.
4. Don’t compromise. It’s your day.
5. Don’t get drunk.
6. Brides: Wear a button up shirt when getting your hair and makeup done, easy to get out of before getting into your dress.
7. Take a moment throughout your wedding day to run down everything that has happened…Helps you remember everything long after the day is only a picture.
8. Don’t have a full mass if you’re 8 months pregnant…people laugh at that shit.
9. Pick a wedding day away from other holidays…no need to group in all the presents for the rest of your life!
10. Grooms: Send flowers to your bride the morning of your wedding. Let her know she has made you the luckiest man in the world.
11. Don’t put your wedding on a credit card.
12. Put your maid of honor or best man to work. Have them watch out for ‘Great Aunt Drinks A lot’, or the clock so you don’t miss your flight. They can party after all the work is done.
13. Take a look at #4 – Use what I have here only if it works for you and throw away the rest.
Oh…one more thing…make sure you’re truly in love with the one you’re saying ‘I Do’ to… Unless he offered you millions of dollars for a one year contract…then WTF, do what you want!
Do you have any wedding advice to add?
Sandy blond hair and Hollywood good looks, Carter Billings could have any woman he wants. However, when he makes his bid for the Governor’s seat in the state of California, he needs to settle down and become a family man. Eliza, the woman he secretly adores, embodies the perfect amount of spice and passion to suit his marital needs, but she’s not interested in becoming Mrs. Billings. She can’t even stand to be in the same room with him.
It’s much easier to drive Carter away than to give into desire. Matching couples is how she earns a living, but getting married isn’t an option. The secrets she carries are too dangerous to entangle anyone else. When her hidden identity and past threaten her future, she’s left with little choice. Carter is quick to offer solutions to both their problems, but saying yes could mean endangering the man she’s growing to love.
Author of New York Times Bestseller, Wife by Wednesday presents, Book Two in the Weekday Bride Series
New York Times, USA Today and Wall Street Journal Bestselling Author Catherine Bybee has been addicted to romance since her teens. After spending a decade of her life working as an RN in urban emergency rooms, Catherine is now dedicated to writing happily-ever-afters for the world to love. Catherine is married and raising two sons in Southern California.
She loves hearing from her readers so feel free to visit her at: