May 14th, 2012
Random Act Of Kindness BLITZ!

A smile. An encouraging word. A thoughtful gesture. Each day people interact with us, help, and make our day a bit brighter and full. This is especially true in the Writing Community.

Take a second to think about writers you know, like the critique partner who works with you to improve your manuscript. The writing friend who listens, supports and keeps you strong when times are tough. The author who generously offers council, advice and inspiration when asked.

So many people take the time to make us feel special, don’t they? They comment on our blogs, re-tweet our posts, chat with us on forums and wish us Happy Birthday on Facebook.

Kindness ROCKS!

To commemorate the release of their book The Emotion Thesaurus, Becca and Angela at The Bookshelf Muse are hosting a TITANIC Random Act Of Kindness BLITZ. And because I think KINDNESS is contagious, I’m participating too!

I am randomly picking Savannah Chase, who is amazingly supportive of her fellow writers and always offers encouraging words when she hops around the Internet each day. I figure that as an author, Savannah, you are also a keen reader so  for my RAOK gift, I’m offering to give you the download of your choice from my backlist.

I really appreciate Savannah, who blogs at Savannah Chase. If you have a minute, please stop in and tell her how awesome she is!

Do you know someone special that you’d like to randomly acknowledge? Don’t be shy–come join us and celebrate! Send them an email, give them a shout out, or show your appreciation in another way. Kindness makes the world go round. :)

Becca and Angela have a special RAOK gift waiting for you as well, so hop on over to The Bookshelf Muse to pick it up.

Have you ever participated in or been the recipient of a Random Act Of Kindness?  Let me know in the comments! You never know what might happen… Winking smile

30 comments to “Random Act Of Kindness BLITZ!”

1. DebraG
    May 14th, 2012 at 2:57 am · Link

We are trying to create a “culture of kindness” at our school. It is hard work but modelling it as a teacher is what I do.

May 14th, 2012 at 3:00 am · Link

That’s cool, Debra. Even a simple thing like a smile or opening/holding a door for a woman with a baby or someone elderly makes so much difference and costs nothing.

2. Ciara Knight
    May 14th, 2012 at 3:20 am · Link

I love anything to do with Random Acts of Kindness, or Paying it Forward. This is awesome. Congratulations, you deserve this award! :)

• Savannah Chase
      May 14th, 2012 at 5:41 am · Link

Ciara, thank you so much.It truly means a lot to me.

May 14th, 2012 at 4:24 am · Link

I was just thinking about Savannah the other day and how she is so nice and comments frequently at my blog. Great choice!!

• Savannah Chase
      May 14th, 2012 at 5:23 am · Link

Brinda, wow, thank you..I am thrilled to support my fellow authors and friends. It is wonderful to be able to do that.

May 14th, 2012 at 8:10 pm · Link

I totally agree, Brinda. That sort of support is so cool.

May 14th, 2012 at 5:19 am · Link

Shelley, wow you got me all mushy at 8am in the morning..I’m truly touched and blessed to know you as an author and a friend. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. As for the download.. I own pretty much ever book you released except your last one…I’m a bookaholic..I can’t help myself. Thank you again..I’m truly touched by this.

5. Nicole Zoltack
    May 14th, 2012 at 7:25 am · Link

Savannah is an awesome choice! I love that I’m in an anthology with her.

May 14th, 2012 at 8:13 pm · Link

Nicole – thanks for stopping by. I agree that it’s great to have Savannah as a partner in crime.

6. Patti Nielson
    May 14th, 2012 at 7:46 am · Link

This has been so great reading all these RAOKs. It should be an uplifting day.

• Savannah Chase
      May 14th, 2012 at 7:47 am · Link

Patti, I agree..There are so many amazing folks out there including Miss Shelley…

May 14th, 2012 at 8:13 pm · Link

I totally agree. This was such a cool idea.

May 14th, 2012 at 7:47 am · Link

Nicole, thank you so much..You are so kind..It is a pleasure to be a part of the antho with you as well.

8. angela ackerman
    May 14th, 2012 at 10:21 am · Link

Savannah sounds like a great choice. How wonderful to get to ‘meet’ all these wonderful people through these posts.

Thank you for your generosity and for doing this with us!

Angela

• Savannah Chase
      May 14th, 2012 at 1:51 pm · Link

Angela, thank you…I am so honored to be mentioned. Shelley is such a wonderful woman and I just am so thrilled.

May 14th, 2012 at 8:15 pm · Link

Angela – thanks for stopping by. This was such a fun idea for a book launch.

9. Angela B
    May 14th, 2012 at 10:44 am · Link

Random acts of kindness are just awesome all around. I love the pay-it-forward nature it breeds.

• Savannah Chase
      May 14th, 2012 at 1:51 pm · Link

Angela, I think we should do this more often..

May 14th, 2012 at 8:15 pm · Link

Angela – the world can do with more pay it forward.

May 14th, 2012 at 1:49 pm · Link

That’s so awesome. I love random acts of kindness and hearing about them. Recently a friend sent me an entire box of books for no reason. That’s was awesome. It’s especially nice to see kids being kind to each other.

• Savannah Chase
      May 14th, 2012 at 1:52 pm · Link

Mary, that is a bookaholics dream….We need to pay it forward and show love to others around us…

May 14th, 2012 at 8:17 pm · Link

It’s so cool to be on the receiving end of a kind gift. My hubby put new handlebar covers on my bike and pumped up my tires. It made my morning when I pulled out my bike to discover all this :)

11. SheilaR Polansky
    May 14th, 2012 at 4:46 pm · Link

Saw this on Twitter and had to come give some kind words of thanks to Christie Craig. She’s in my local chapter and took a nobody newbie like me under her wing. She encouraged, sent me articles she thought would help, gave me tips about things I’ve never read about and now, three years later, I have my own book release in August.

Writers are a super-supportive bunch and I’m so very happy that I can call myself an author now. And, um, thanks for letting me blather on.

Raven

• Savannah Chase
      May 14th, 2012 at 4:54 pm · Link

Sheila that is so wonderful of you. We can never forget all the special people that have been with us from the start. We authors are like a huge crazy family…

May 14th, 2012 at 8:18 pm · Link

Sheila, thanks for sharing. I met Christie at a book signing. She’s brilliant.

May 14th, 2012 at 9:02 pm · Link

A kind word or card to say thank you can go a long way. Many of my neighbors are frequent (anonymous) recipients of fresh-picked garden veggies during summer months. I’ve yet to hear anyone say they didn’t appreciate finding a small bag of goodies left outside their door.

13. Miriam Forster
    May 14th, 2012 at 9:48 pm · Link

The encouragers in our lives are so important, aren’t they? Great gift too!

14. Maryellen Brady
    May 19th, 2012 at 6:55 pm · Link

Fantastic way to say thank you :) Hope you enjoyed the week too!