Writers spend a lot of time waiting for decisions from editors, agents, publishers. Hurry up and wait. I’m not very good at waiting. Just saying, but patience or impatience makes a good topic for a Thursday Thirteen.
Thirteen Proverbs About Patience
1. Patience is a virtue.
2. Patience is the knot which secures the seam of victory.
3. A little impatience will spoil great plans.
4. Patient men win the day.
5. He who would climb the ladder must begin at the bottom.
6. The string of a man’s sack of patience is generally tied with a slip knot.
7. Long looked for comes last.
8. Patience is a plaster for all sores.
9. Nature, time and patience are the three great physicians.
10. Patience is a flower that grows not in every one’s garden.
11. We must learn to walk before we can run.
12. All things are difficult before they are easy.
13. An oak is not felled at one stroke.
Source: The Penguin Dictionary of Proverbs by Rosalind Fergusson.
Are you a patient person?