I’m fairly new to Twitter, and I’m always wondering what to tweet about. I subscribe to The Book Marketing Expert newsletter and this week they included an article covering things for people to tweet about. Here are a few of them.
Thirteen Things For Authors to Tweet About
1. Teach stuff – teach a little mini-lesson on Twitter. Delve into your area of expertise or just talk about book publishing and how to get published.
2. Share sites or blogs that your followers would be interested in. Be their “filter” to new and exciting information.
3. Use Twitter as a news source: you can easily announce news both from your world (as long as it relates to your topic) and from the world of your expertise.
4. Tweet any good reviews your book gets, it’s always fun to share the good stuff!
5. Feed your blog through Twitter using Twitterfeed.com
6. Use YouTube to share helpful videos you think your followers will love.
7. Run a contest.
8. Ask for advice or ask questions that encourage responses.
9. Talk about the latest trends in your industry.
10. Review a product or book on Twitter.
11. Post an inspirational quote or message.
12. Follow big names in your market on Twitter: this will often bring in their followers too, and you want to see what the “big guys” are up to.
13. Widen your network – follow other Twitter folk, this will not only give you some ideas for your own “tweets” but it’s a great way to network with other writers or professionals.
Source: Reprinted from “The Book Marketing Expert newsletter,” a free ezine offering book promotion and publicity tips and techniques. http://www.amarketingexpert.com
Are you on Twitter? If so, what is your Twitter handle? (I’m @ShelleyMunro) What do you tweet about?