I picked up a fun book during my last visit to the library. It’s called Guide to Great Dates
by Paul Joannides and Toni Johnson and give details of places to go, an estimate of cost, the things you need to do to prepare ahead of time plus phone numbers and internet resources. I’ve chosen some of my favorites to include in my Thursday Thirteen this week.
Thirteen Places to Take a Date
1. Star Gazing – visit the local observatory and learn about the stars.
2. Never on a Sundae – go to a place that makes ice cream sundaes.
3. Making waves – go to the beach, watch the sun set and snuggle on a blanket.
4. Corn Maze Challenge – visit a farm with a maze and have fun getting lost.
5. Go fly a kite – build a kite together then go and fly it.
6. Renaissance Faire – hire costumes and visit a renaissance fair.
7. Go to a rodeo – he haw! Ride ‘em cowboy!
8. Visit a fortune teller or psychic – have your fortune read.
9. Hot Air Balloon Festival – get up early and watch all the balloons take off.
10. A drive-in movie – find a drive-in movie theatre.
11. The zoo – visit the zoo. Some zoos have special evenings or behind-the-scenes tours.
12. Play pool – go to a pool hall.
13. Factory tour – visit a jelly bean factory, a beer factory, a chocolate factory etc
And speaking of dating – one of the women who works with my sister has a father who has just entered a home for older people. She said to him jokingly that he’d be able to find a girlfriend. Her father said in a testy voice, “Have you seen the women in here?” I guess he won’t be going on a date anytime soon!
Do check out Guide to Great Dates because my list is a very brief summary of the ideas and details in this fun book.
What are some of your favorite places to go on a date?